You probably don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it stops cooling, or before it is time to replace it. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Spring Appliance Repair NOW is here to help.
Continue reading to find out what you need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair Spring.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, to eliminate rotting and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Spring Appliance Repair NOW:
The compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor is not working.
The condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth collected inside the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat held within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquified refrigerant is transported within a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period when it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Spring for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cooling cycle begins. The unit collects the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the home and reverts to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquid continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils in the interior of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, returning the temperature back to the best set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will turn back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a lot of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from a single location and then relocating it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a safe storage space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of many different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule repair with Spring Appliance Repair NOW.
Spring Appliance Repair NOW will fix all popular models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced service technicians in Spring complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, malfunctioning ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and various problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working